IATA Airline Cabin Crew
|AIRLINE CABIN CREW||2 Weeks||-||
7 Mar – 3 Jun
This program is designed to adequately prepare the graduates with the necessary flight attendant-specific skills and expertise to meet the industry requirements as well as provide them with the prerequisite relevant competencies for the career. It is also designed to comply with safety regulations set out by various international aviation regulatory bodies and is accredited by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). A Cabin Crew is considered to be the safety officer on board a flight and his/her primary responsibility is to ensure the safety, security and excellent customer service to the passengers.
Upon successful completion of this course; the graduates should be able to:
- Sit and pass an IATA examination and earn an internationally recognized certificate.
- Provide a safe and secure flight environment
- Offer excellent customer service to passengers.
- Attend to medical emergencies on board and offer basic First Aid assistance.
Young individuals seeking to establish career paths in the airline operations. Anyone aspiring to be a cabin crew member.
Secondary school level of education with ability to read, write and clearly communicate in the English language (English is theinternational Aviation language)
KCSE mean grade C- or its equivalent. -
Medically fit for flight duties - Minimum age of 18 years
Relevant industry experience
4 months (fulltime)
- Classroom exercises with group discussions
- Video clips
- Course notes
- Field Visit to operational areas
- Familiarization flight
- Introduction to the Airline Industry
- Air Transport and Flight Operation
- Crew responsibilities and cooperation
- Managing abnormal and emergency situations
- Medical emergencies onboard the aircraft
- Dangerous goods Aviation Security
- Customer service and interaction with passengers
- Aviation Security
- Airline catering and on board retail services
- Cabin crew professional development
Written exam at the end of the course (Pass mark 70%).
An EASA Certificate of successful completion is awarded to participants obtaining a score of 70% or higher in all examinations. Attend at least 80% of the entire course duration. IATA certificate of successful completion is awarded to participants.
obtaining a grade of 70% or higher in the final IATA Canada examination.