Distance Measuring Equipment (DME) maintenance
|Distance Measuring Equipment (DME) maintenance||8 Weeks||
4 Apr – 27 May, 15 Aug – 7 Oct
Eight (8) Weeks
To equip engineers and technicians with the knowledge, skills and attitude needed to for the Distance Measuring Equipment (DME) equipment maintenance.
- Principles of operation
- More about distance measurement
- Frequencies, channels and DME pulses
- Pulse repetition frequency (PRF) and duty cycle
- Echo pulses, receiver dead time and reply efficiency
- The identification signal
- DME co-located with VOR or ILS
- Monitoring of the DME transponder transmission
- Description of Thomson C & F DME 721
- ICAO specification for DME systems
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Personnel who are currently assigned or are about to be assigned engineering and maintenance duties either at an Aviation training institution or Air Navigational Services.
Proficiency in both written and spoken English and have engineering background on telecommunication, avionics, electronic, instrumentation or electrical.